Saturday, November 2, 2019

The Journey So Far

It has been a journey, every day I learn something different about myself. My
favorite part is the exploration of color with music and color with feelings. As such
certain songs for certain moods literally color my days.

A few green tracks:





Today was an incredibly neon green day. Everything that was touched was green tinged, a great example is when looking at text or picture, I see them encapsulated in a neon green aura of sorts, although more like a smokey cloud haze, but its mostly transparent. It's like a combination between Vapor clouds and a smokey residual effect.

Especially during Never Seen Anything 'Quite Like You', it's very fluid. It's like being caught in the rain as it hits your skin, you feel the soft, yet covering impact. One drop at a time, this quiet, comforting sensation. It continues as it reaches the second verse, an intertwining of light purple and neon green, similar to observing a double helix image, but in motion as it rotates those two feelings become stronger, until it results in an echo of peacefulness I've never felt before. As they merge I see a silver spark and everything fades back to silver as the track ends.

Image result for chromesthesia

Music has impacted my life in ways I have difficulty describing, it brought to
me a journey of self-exploration that I had sought through other means.
My favorite types of music revolve around the use of all kinds of instruments
and melodies, a great example is the band Red because they use a very
orchestral theme in their arrangements which showcases a multitude of color
and feelings in me. I also really enjoy alternate music with loving overtones,
such as Spoken, My Darkest Days, and Pink Floyd. For music with very deep lyrics I hear greenish tinges, and purple edges. Sometimes I hear orange if there is passion involved, for example:
Pink Floyds' Wish You Were Here is a very teal,orange and gray song for me. Because of the lyrics and the feelings behind the bands melodies.

It is  a very calming, very thoughtful and extremely relaxing experience to see and feel these things the way I do. It is like having all your senses calmed at once, for me it is more than just an escape, it is a journey that takes me to a place of such feeling that I never want to return,
however I do as life takes hold of the present day.

It's like having your very own inner light show, but it is feeling as well for me.
The two are always together. They are inseparable. It is also why memories of songs, specifically from events in my life, for example, going to work with my Father at a young age, inflect feelings of green. But I feel it replicated in any activity I do after that as well. It lingers afterward for a short while before it dissipates. My love described it as one of my eyes actually shifts away from center, just the one, when I hear those tones. It may be part of a neurological response by me however I am unsure of this because I have no consulted a physician about it. Just something that she noticed. I am ever thankful for her. She is beautiful, and she captivates me.

Sources: Youtube, https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/rjqwzg/youneedtohearthis-chromesthesia-feeling-music-in-colours

No comments:

Post a Comment