Monday, November 11, 2019

Collisions...

Every time I listen to music I get a sense of the song from a different perspective. It's like I can listen to the same track several times and get several other things from it. I learn something new about myself in this process.

This next track does exactly that for me, it opened up a side to me I did not see before. A level of understanding for me as I took this journey:



I have drawn a graphic that incorporates what I see, it is not very detailed, but what it represents is important to me to reflect:




As if anything could last forever
I fell headfirst into the unknown
Blindly ignorant in my innocence
Thin in the thick of it

Would give anything not to feel alone
I severed every nerve ending

'Til nothing was hurting me
Aside from the thought of infinite eternities

Not having you with me, not having you with me
So incomplete






As the track begins, I see a light green road before me. It feels like home and tastes like oranges. As I walk down this road, I glance to my left and see the stars shining in a neon green array. It gives me a sense of peace that calms my mind. There are aspects that give me flashes of red, I have highlighted these. As they reflect a sense of understanding


I fell in love with the touch of pain
'Til the rush it became a chain
I was suffocated and there was no escape

'Til I met You
Now the Breaker of My Chains is breaking through
I fell in love with the touch of grace

Now all I want is You



As the chorus hits, I see a purple chain link on my right it reflects all of the things that have bound me for so long, then quick as a flash, I see a green lightning bolt that separates the chain link and sparks of silver that shine in the distance.

This is repeated several times for me as I walk down the road.


I always thought that I had something to prove
Always thought that I had nothing to lose

Every time that I got more it just made me want more
Tried to step up but I stepped off the top floor

I've surely fallen one too many times
I've surely told you one too many lies

Life-giver delivering me from the clutches of death
I give over all of myself



I fell in love with the touch of pain
'Til the rush it became a chain
I was suffocated and there was no escape

'Til I met You
Now the Breaker of My Chains is breaking through
I fell in love with the touch of grace
Now all I want is You


At this point in the track, the purple chain fades into a haze of silvery light, my attention then drifts to center of frame and I see a light purple building at the end of the road. It shines with a green radiance surrounding it as I move towards it I feel a sense of home.






You put a stay on this heart attack
Put
color back in this photograph
Made it burn like a sun with a fire that is You
Cursed me as an amnesiac

No second thought about going back
Take me anywhere as long as it's with You



I fell in love with the touch of pain
'Til the rush it became a chain
I was suffocated and there was no escape

'Til I met You
Now the Breaker of My Chains is breaking through
I fell in love with the touch of grace
Now all I want is You






The green and purple collision results in a shimmer of silver, that shines until the song fades from view. Every time I hear this track I feel those same emotions become stronger. It is like a never ending loop of peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment