Sunday, November 10, 2019

Darkness Cannot Exist Without The Light

I realize yesterdays' post didn't really reflect how I felt so I wanted to give a chance to describe it.

Black colored music is very hard for me to explain because it is a sense of the color, a depth of the color. It's like having all shadows fall upon everything I do, it clouds my emotional view as well.

It's like receding into oneself' on an emotional level, withdrawing, yet understanding the reasons why. It provides a moment of solace and rechargability for me as an introvert as well as for the sake of the feelings at the time. Sometimes these feelings can get quite overwhelming when meshed with my emotional personality.

These two work against each other at times, making it difficult for me to pinpoint exactly what it is I feel, or why I feel that way. In a state of depression everything turns gray and black for me. Which makes sharing those aspects very stressful at times. It is like shouting from the bottom of a well 3000 ft below ground and expecting a reply.

I have since then learned to understand this further. The color Black can also be associated with coping with things internally for me. It is reflected in the lyrics of the music I listen to, such as Rammstein,  (but only specific tracks, that usually hold a softer meaning, such as Mutter and Spieluhr), the lyrics along with the tones of the track give me a sense of understanding and contemplation.

Because as darkness unfolds, there must be light that follows. As such whenever Black feelings arise within me, they are met at the other end of the scale with a sense of illumination. It is a soul-seeking journey of sorts inflected in the colors.

It is also where the color White is predominant for me. White is associated with a lot of different aspects, I discovered however that it is resolution itself. It is confirmation. It is also something I had yet to experience until recently. I noticed this always followed a "Black" day and began trying to understand why that was.

I believe it is because I finally understand its purpose.

This song is Black and White:



This next writing piece is black and white to me.

Traveling south across this plain,
Is he exploring, or just gone insane?
Seeking hope in unknown spaces,
He has never beheld these places.

The search for truth upon his brow,
Looks abound, as he makes this solemn vow.
Finding in it in an unknown world,
As the road bent, curled,
This new life unfurled.

No comments:

Post a Comment